- Vice President of Community and Environmental Relations at Sun Services, a green construction services company in Prince George’s County.
- Senior policy aide on environment, development and zoning issues for Prince George’s County Council Member, 2008–2010
- MIT Class of 1991.
- Masters in Entomology from University of Maryland, 2010. Biology teaching experience and entomology field and lab experience.
- U.S. Naval officer 1991–1994, stationed in the Philippines and Panama.
- President, Graduate Student Body, University of Maryland, 2006–2008. Spearheaded lobbying efforts on state–level collective bargaining legislation for graduate employees, lecturers, and adjunct professors. Lobbied state legislature and University administration on graduate student housing, stipends, and working conditions. Initiated representation of graduate students on College Park Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
- Worked on ultralight aircraft-led crane migration project, 2000–2001
- Worked at Patuxent Widlife Research Center as an animal care intern (Whooping and Sandhill Cranes), as a biotech in the Native Bee Lab, and as Web and Database Designer for Managers’ Monitoring Manual.
A sampling of articles written while a Public Affairs Officer stationed at US Naval Station Panama Canal: